Search for cataloging copy for the monographic title (not the series
- If standard LC or pcc member cataloging copy is found:
- If the call number in the 050 does not have a volume number, proceed
to process as a monograph and accept the treatment of the series as on the
- If the call number in the 050 does have a volume number, search
the series title in OCLC to see if it is cataloged as a serial or as a
set. If cataloged as a serial (by LC or any member library) make a
printout of the record and route it, together with the item, to
If cataloged as a set (by LC or any member library) route to the contin.
adder in MPB. If no set or serial record is found, consult supervisor.
- If standard non-pcc member cataloging copy is found use it to catalog
the item in hand, classing it separately, even if the call number in the
member record has a volume number. (If the member record call number has
a volume number, a new call number will need to be assigned.)
- If no copy or non-standard copy is found, create a
tracking record as appropriate.
Last updated: 02/22/99 kmh