PAPERWORK IN BOOKS
Processing Physical Items Procedures
See also Processing
- Books being charged to Binding and Shelf Preparation (BSP)
To facilitate the handling of books after they are cataloged,
most paperwork should be removed from books prior to charging to
BSP for the printing of binding slips or labeling,
according to the guidelines below. Please note that the guidelines in most cases apply to both bound and unbound books.
Remove all paperwork except:
- Wide green, slim green or red priority rider. Discard blue riders.
- "B" rider instructing BSP to bind a paperback book
- Attention rider
- T2 rider only if there is a sublocation present on
the "Subloc" line other than RESERVES or REF. (But, if T2 rider for an
approval or gift also contains information about semester, course or
instructor, add a 900 field to holdings to record course information
before T2 is discarded).
- When applicable Mixed media rider should be placed in a book by
cataloging staff after processing
- Binding slip
- Brittle monograph worksheet (D115m) or Brittle serials worksheet (D115s)
- Preservation Photocopy worksheet
Any rider not listed above should be discarded from all books being charged
- Books being tracked to another department--Keep all paperwork and
priority riders in books being re-routed.
For paperwork in books being processed for Precat,
Return to CPM Table of Contents
Last updated: mdw 02/15/17