Online Resources for Students
To ensure a successful educational experience, including maximizing student learning and engagement in an online environment, see the array of resources listed below. Additional resources will be added to the list as they become available.
Managing your UNI
Maximizing Student Online Learning & Engagement
Recommendations and Helpful Instructions
Computer Configuration and Related Recommendations (PDF: 3 pages)
Floorplan of CSSW Computer Lab
Getting the Most Out of Your Internet Connection
· Connect to the router via ethernet cable. This may require a 25ft cable to reach your study place. Ethernet is not as convenient as wireless, but provides a more stable connection that is less susceptible to interference.
· If ethernet is not viable, move as close to WiFi router as possible
· Minimize the number of other devices on Wifi by turning them off or turning off Wifi on those devices
· Close tabs and programs that may be using the network connection on the computer.
· Restart the computer one hour before class.
· Call ISP to update modem/router software if it hasn't been updated in a year
Everything You Need to Know About Slow Internet Speeds
WiFi Troubleshooting for
Low Cost Internet and Computers in your Area
Canvas Information and Tutorials
Update Your Notification Preferences Visit Tutorial Page
Getting help Link to Canvas Help Page
Communication in Canvas Watch Video
Using Groups Watch Video
Conferences Visit Tutorial Page
Software for Classes
Mobile Device Setup Instructions
Student Services Online (SSOL):
Student account, schedules, records, financial aid, grades and more.
Turnitin, a web-based Plagiarism Prevention Tool
Zoom Information and Resources
Zoom Client Download
Zoom Quick Guide for
Technical Help FAQ