STREAMING VIDEO: LICENSED TITLES
Special Materials & Procedures
Follow these procedures for creating cataloging records for streaming
videos when vendor records are not available. Do not use these procedures
for free titles (IRCR).
CERM will discover that a streaming video vendor does not supply MARC
records. They will create a payment record with license information and a
OSMC is acting as a vendor cataloger and will create minimal records.
Cataloging should be done in Voyager since the records should not appear
Return to CPM Table of Contents
- Find the CERM payment record and copy the publisher URL and note the
BIB key. Ignore any OTF records.
- If copy for a different format is available, copy it and adjust for
characteristics. Do not update the CERM record.
- If copy is not available, create an encoding level 3 record using
judgment about what bibiliographic data is necessary. The assumption is
that these records are temporary as access is not permanent and/or vendor
be available at a later date.
- Copy and paste the publisher and resolver URL into the record.
- Add a 965 field: 965osmcstreaming
- Use ERESOURCES as the call number in MFHD and code fixed fields for
a paid resource.
- Add the CERM payment reference to a 900 field, e.g., $33450
Last updated: 10/15/15 kmh