ARCHIVAL BACKUP COPIES OF DATABASES
Special Materials & Procedures
Vendors often supply archival disks or tapes of databases. These disks
or tapes should be processed as added copies on the record for the
corresponding database. They do not display to users, do not circulate and can only be
retrieved by Preservation staff. They should not be classed or labeled.
Return to CPM Table of Contents
- Catalog the archival copy as a second holdings on the record for
- Suppress the MFHD record.
- Code location prd. This location will flip to off,prd when
the item is accesssioned at ReCAP. prd is defined as Archival master not
available for use - Contact Preservation.
- Code $k SUPPRESSED following the location.
- If the jewel case is flimsy, use a jewel case from Supplies. If the
material needs a box, consult Preservation.
- Barcode material with CR barcodes following the
procedures for sending non-print material to ReCAP.
- Code item type noncirc
- Route material to BSP as usual. BSP will sort the material for ReCAP
Last updated: 10/01/08 kmh