Materials Excluded From Precat Processing
Record Creation Procedures
- AVE, BUSN, FAX, GAX, GLXN, LEHN, MIL, RBX, REF, and the Butler Reading Rooms: AFST, COMP, EURO, ISLM, LATA, MANC, MORL, PAP, SAID, SASI, and USHI.
- Locations for non-book materials, e.g. MSC or MSR.
Materials for exception locations should be routed to OSMC.
- OLDER IMPRINT DATES:
Items with imprint dates five (5) or more years ago should be routed to OSMC.
- CATEGORIES OF MATERIAL
Copy cataloging units in central processing will handle/route materials in these categories as indicated below.
- Blue attention riders for special classes of books:  patron requests (c33),  course reserves, or  replacement copies. Books should be routed to the CAD staff member responsible for each class.
- Brittle materials: follow the brittle materials procedures
- Incomplete multi-volume sets: Route to OSMC with a note in the MFHD indicating which volumes are being re-routed.
- Belles lettres: place on belles lettres shelf.
- Miniature books, i.e., books with a height measurement of 9 centimeters or less: Insert a red rider and route to OSMC.
- Mixed media: books with accompanying or pocketed material in a non-book format should be routed to OSMC.
Note: Books with maps or microfiche in pockets can be processed for Precat.
- Non-book formats: computer discs, microforms, scores, sound recordings, video cassettes, etc. should be routed to OSMC.
- Oversize books: Books that exceed 38 centimeters in either length or width should be routed to OSMC.
- Serials: route to SPS.
- Serial Analytics: route to CAD staff member responsible for analytics.
Last updated: 26 July 2018 | cls