LABELING STAND ALONE "CD'S" AFTER CATALOGING OR ADDING
These procedures apply to CDs cataloged for campus locations and for
Offsite. CDs began to be cataloged for Offsite in March 2007. The
are the same except for barcode placement.
The instructions DO NOT apply to
- After cataloging or adding a CD on a record with either an LC call
number or some other type of classification number, write location and call
number including the format text recorded in 852 $k in upper right of T2
form and attach to CD with a rubber band.
Note: The call number in the 852 field must have |k CD-ROM as the
|a ref |k CD-ROM |h R;Italian |i V851
|a bus4off |k CD-ROM |h HG2406 |i .B34 2006
- If CD is in a jewel case, determine whether the CD is for a
campus location or for Offsite.
- If the CD is for a campus location, open the case and affix barcode to INSIDE
upper left corner of front of case If this is not possible, place the barcode on the outside of the case on the BACK upper left corner.
- If the location is Offsite, consult CPM808
and place the barcode on the outside of the case on the FRONT upper left corner (see ReCAP Offsite Barcode Placement Chart).
- If the title consists of multiple CDs, check the condition of the
carrier. If it is flimsy, place the CD's in jewel cases obtained from
Supplies. If the carrier is sturdy or should be preserved because it has
illustrative or textual matter, barcode the carrier and adjust the Piece
count in the item record
- If CD is received without a jewel case, get a jewel case from Supplies
and affix barcode as instructed above.
- Retain brochures or other accompanying material.
- Charge to LABL pseudopatron
- Place in inter-office envelope addressed to BSP and place on
BSP truck. Tape the envelope shut to be sure that the CD does not fall out
NOTE: Ship one title per envelope (a title may consist of more than
Return to CPM Table of Contents
Last updated: 12/09/15 kmh