COPY HOLDINGS RECORDS FOR PRELIMINARY RECORDS FOR ANALYTICS
For temporarily cataloged analytics of serials or monographic
continuations the status of the preliminary record is set to h
instead of g. This is because the items are initially processed
for their final destination and will not be handled when a batch-matched
record overlays the preliminary record. After batch-matching we would not
want to handle the record only to change the status from g to
Go to Example
Return to CPM Table of Contents
- STATUS--Overtype whatever value is present with h (not g, as in open
backlog processing). This instruction applies only to preliminary records
that have the tempanalytic marker in a 965 field.
- DT--Overtype date with today and press EOF key.
- COPY STATUS CODE--Input or adjust to 1, 2 or 3 as appropriate.
- CLASSIFICATION TYPE CODE--Input L or T, depending on whether the serial or continuation has an LC
or other type of call number.
- LOCATION--Verify that the location in the copy holdings record matches the location
on the T2 and the location of the serial or continuation of which this
piece is an analytic.
- CALL NUMBER-- Input the permanent call number based upon the call number of the serial
or continuation, including the volume number in subfield c.
- PAYMENT REFERENCE--Do not delete payment references.
- NOTES--Input your initials (in brackets) in a new subfield a after the payment
- ITEM RECORD--Create item record but do not input a temporary
Go Item Record Example
Last updated: 02/25/97 kmh