CALL NUMBER COPYING
Library of Congress classification call numbers should be copied from the
050 or 090 fields from a Bibliographic Record directly into the 852 field
of the appropriate MFHD record. For the transfer to be successful, the
Cataloging Options -- Preferences should have "Library of Congress"
selected in the "Call Number Hierarchies" box on the "General" tab.
Return to CPM Table of Contents
- Display the Bib. Record and make any necessary changes.
- If call no. in 050 or 090 is usable, proceed to the appropriate
- If creating an new MFHD, type the location after the $b and then run
the F5 macro or use the Ctrl + N command.
- If the MFHD migrated from NOTIS CLIO, edit the fixed fields as
necessary in the Leader and 008 ; Remove any 014 fields (there will either
be one or two) ; Tab the cursor (or use mouse) into the 852 field and then
run the F5 macro or use the Ctrl + N command.
- If the MFHD originated as an order in Voyager CLIO, tab the cursor (or
use mouse) into the 852 field and then run the F5 macro or use the Ctrl +
- If cataloging a multivolume set, change second indicator in 852 to 1 When
Voyager copies an LC call number into the MFHD, it automatically supplies
indicators "0 0".
- Add work letter, e.g., g, if appropriate.
- Delete tracking notations in the $x (i.e. $x MPS2 or $x
- If processing more than one copy, complete the Item record for the
first copy, close all windows except for the Bibiographic record and
then repeat the above steps for each copy.
Last updated: 08/04/03 kmh