USING MACROS FOR PRODUCTION STATISTICS
Forms and Riders
Return to CPM Table of Contents
- STATISTICS MACROS DOCUMENTATION
- For instructions of when processing macros should be applied, see CPM900
- For an explanation of the 948 field components, see section II
of this document or print out a 948 Field
Map in Word format
- For quick reference to macro activation commands, see section
III of this document or print out the Word document Statistics Macros which can be edited to
include only those macros you are likely to use as a quick reference.
- 948 FIELD: INDICATOR AND SUBFIELD DATA
The macros will in each case place a 948 field at the bottom of the
bibliographic record. Do not change the position of the 948 field even
if it follows other fields with higher numeric values (e.g. 965, 998 etc.)
The 948 field is locally defined as the Statistics Data (Local) field.
The field is further defined by three 1st indicator values and four
locally defined subfields. ALL data in the 948 will be supplied by
- 1st indicator = 0 Precataloging Actions (representing
taken before a title is considered added to the collection)
- 1st indicator = 1 Cataloging Actions (representing
that add a title to the collection)
- 1st indicator = 2 Postcataloging Actions (representing
taken to a title already added to the collection)
- For all actions, the 2nd indicator is blank.
- $a = Action Date (e.g. 20050803)
- $b = Action Type (e.g. "c" Copy Cataloging)
- $c = Action Operator (Operator's UNI, e.g. ink2)
Note: The macro will copy this from your operator information in
the file menu, it will replace any data saved to the clipboard.
- $d = Operator location
Note: The operator location is read by the macro from a
centrally distributed file. An operator's UNI and department have to be
added to the file before the macro can determine the operator's location.
Presently only staff in MPS, OSMC, SCMC & EAX are
- MACRO COMMANDS FOR STATISTICS DATA FIELD
- Precataloging Actions: ALT + SHIFT + [number]...
1 = Backloged to Precat or Avery (Preliminary Record)
2 = Tracked to other Department (Tracking Record)
3 = Temp-Cat (Prelimnary Record for Analytics, Scores,
- Cataloging Actions: CTRL + [number]...
1 = Copy Cataloging
2 = PCC Full Level
3 = Original/Non-PCC
4 = PCC Core Level
5 = CONSER Serial Cataloging
- Postcataloging Actions: CTRL + SHIFT + [number]...
1 = Added Copy/Location
2 = Transcribe/Recon
3 = Recatalog
4 = Call Number or Subject Added
5 = Original Recon
Last updated: 04/15/08 kmh